Thursday, October 16, 2008

War Dance


Another reason I love Grace.
Is a great 2nd grade teacher. Mr Sotutu
Tyler has been rejuvenated in school. He comes
home happy and wants to tell me the
funny things that happened that day.

Ka mate, ka mate
ka ora, ka ora
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra
Upane, upane Upane
keupane Whiti te ra.
Hi!


















Today Tyler was a warrior! His second grade teacher Mr. Sotutu was asked to do the "war dance" in the Homecoming assemble. Tyler came home after school chanting and hitting his chest. I wondered what he was doing! I looked in his backpack and it had a permission slip in it asking if I would give my permission for Tyler to perform with the other boys in his class and some of the older boys.



Hope you enjoy the video. Tyler is on the far left. Sorry he is hard to see.

5 comments:

Rita Peck said...

That was so cool. What a great opportunity for him.

Allison said...

That was awesome! What a great experience for Tyler. I bet he will always remember 2nd grade and Mr. Sototo.

Katie Olsen said...

I had a teacher like that in 4th grade we developed pictures and played music. He made learning lots of fun.

Sotutus said...

Thanks for posting that. I forgot to take my camera with me. Tyler is a great kid. I am glad he is enjoying school.

jillian said...

I'm glad they are getting some Island influence in the deep country! :) I had a roommate from Fiji, way back when. gotta love 'em. Tyler is pretty lucky.