Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Majestic Presences

Sunday afternoon the kids and I went to the River with Cam to check the
cows. When we got close to the river I could see a big bird I did not recognize.
Cam said he thought it was a young eagle(they were several colors of brown and black clumps of feathers, not anything like that majestic parents). Then we saw another one that must have
been a sibling.
For the last month we have seen a bald eagle flying around.
Before we left the river two parent bald eagle
were flying around chasing each other and landing fairly close to us.
They made the grand total of bald eagles we saw Four!!!
They were so beautiful and they flapped there wings only a few time and the rest of the time they were gliding!
They are so big!!!!

This is another reason I love living in Grace! Not to many places are people lucky enough to see eagle out there (almost) front door!

:( after trying for to long I gave up in trying to get an image off the Internet. The image I was trying to get had two eagles soring together in a blue sky with snowy mountains in the background. You will just have to use your imagination. Sorry (I wished I had brought my camera).

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Eagles are amazing to watch. There are a ton of eagles where my parents live. They always joke they know the American tourists cause the stop to take tons of pictures. It doesn't tire to watch them though

liesel said...

Lucky you. I love eagles.