Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Project of the last 6 months

I wanted to share these projects with all of you for along time, but you probably notice my updates have not been to often lately. As I uploaded these pictures I realized that a lot of my ideas come for family and friends, so I wanted to pass on the ideas. Let me know if you make some of your own, or need more info. on how too.
Happy creating.

I have made two other laundry bags before this one and I decided to add a cute flower to the front. I learned how to make these flowers from my sister.



This was my forth attempt at a laundry bag. After looking a my cousins blog and she had made a diaper storage bag that had pieces on the side, I decided to try it. It required some thinking.



I made this balance for my bedroom/office with martial that matches my bedspread. I got this idea from a friend. Hers were 8" or 10" squares mine are 6" so I ended up making more. Also she put a tab in the middle instead of two on each square.



My sister helped me make this skirt from a "Pink Fig" pattern. It was supposed to have strips of material going down in the middle section, but with the big floral print I wanted it be able to see more of the flowers.


These topiarys I made for a "Bridal Tea Party" I used curly willow for the stems and spikes that I got from my mother in laws bush! The Brides mother gave me a picture similar to these for the idea.



This is an apron patter I adapted into curtains for Adele's room.


My friend bought these flowers and I arranged this one and three others for her.

These are some things I made 6 months ago and some I did recently. I'm trying to get some Christmas thing done before the baby is born, but I can't put any of them on the blog before Christmas.
Hope they get ideas going for you.

7 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Wow it makes me want to start sewing. I love the arrangements. wish i knew how

eve said...

looks great! you've been busy.
i know the diaper/laundry bags are harder than they look. i am sure i did my fair share of unpicking.
i love the skirt. and the flowers- you've always been great at that!

liesel said...

cool! I need to do a blog post soon about all my stuff I've been doing too. I love all of it, especially the curtains! Great ideas, I'll let you know if I want to steal one from you.

Allison said...

Janel, Janel, Janel!!!! You are WAY TOO crafty for me!!!! You have been very busy. Where do you find the time with three little ones?! I need to move back to Grace so you can help me with my projects I start and never finish because I just simply don't know what I'm doing!

Diana said...

You've really got the sewing bug. They all look really good. I wish I had my sewing machine. Let me know if anyone has a bernia sewing machine to sale so I can get my back from my daughter.Thanks

mandyjanewilliams said...

Cute! I love the topiaries! I've been wanting to make those! Are they hard?

Janel said...

Topiaries are not hard, but do require more flowers then you think. you need foam for the bottom and top the top foam can be round, square, hexagonal thing. round will make the shape for you the others you have to have longer and shorter stems to makeup the round look shape of the flowers. Start by making sure the foam in the pot is not going anywhere. Then glue on big stem or lots of little ones in the foam. Then glue the top foam into the top of the sticks. When you put the flowers on the round foam make sure you put them close enough you can't see the foam in between. This one has the curtly willow coming out the top, but that is out of the ordinary. I just glued those in the top.