Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Painting on my Mind


This in the view from my front door/back door.
Two days after Christmas my sister in laws helped me tier of the the wallpaper in the kitchen and mudroom. It came off surprising well. Since that point it has not gone to "smooth". I just wont go there! Three coats of primer and three coats of paint later I'm "finished". My friend helped me with the strips, and they are much straighter than they would have been had she not been there to help.

The new bed spread and vinyl flowers on the wall are the after Christmas surprise I was referring to in a previous post. (not a baby announcement).

My brother and sister did this vinyl for my wall last weekend.

The kitchen is not quit done.
I (we) want to put up a chair rail and some wains coating (?).
The shelf is also going up tonight (cross my fingers).

This is a better look at the strips.

10 comments:

jillian said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you could do my girls room. It needs major revamping. The orange just doesn't look good anymore.

Rita Peck said...

What an amazing look. You have great talent.

Allison said...

Your house looks fabulous! There's nothing better than a fresh coat of paint. Love the flowers. Are they made out of vinyl?

Natalie said...

Janel this turned out great. It is a really fresh, fun look for your house!

Shawn said...

Cute!!! I love it!! The vinyl came out really good.

Janel said...

Everyone thank you. Jillian I thought the orange in the girls room is cute, but I have not seen it in a while. Allison the flower are vinyl my sister drew them to look like the flower on the bed spread. Then she cut them out with the vinyl cutter.

mikeandnicolefam said...

Hey! The bedspread and flowers look really good...in fact, I love them! I like the stripes too! It makes me want to paint my house, but that will have to wait for now. I know who to call for advise, though!!

Diane said...

Hi Janel! So I need you email, since I'm going private soon. Leave me a comment.

Michelle said...

Looks really good Janel. I still need some help with all of my bare walls. But my kitchen does look so much better with the shelf, clock and pictures. Thanks Mom and Kristin

Kristin said...

Those wildflowers look really good. I am ordering 24 inch vinyl so I can do tall ones for my living room. Shelly and I are hopefully painting this week.