Friday, March 13, 2009

Leprechaun trap




We saw some leprechaun traps in the Family Fun magazine
and the kids wanted to try, so they can hopefully catch a leprechaun.
Tyler is looking forward to his"Three Wishes"!


  • The yellow pom-poms are is the trail for gold to lure the leprechaun to the trap.
  • The sign "Do not disturb", is because
"Leprechauns love to break rules.
Warning signs are sure to lure them in."


  • The "Pot of Gold" is there lure the leprechaun up the latter, and on to the top of the hat that will give way and trap the leprechaun inside.






Watch the demonstration video to see how
" it Will Work"!


I just over heard the kids playing with the trap in the other room
and they are saying things like:
"That's not Gold!", and" get back in
the Time Out Jar because you put fake money in the pot!" "Can I get
out know?" "Money I can smell Money". "Help, Help, Help" "I have
something to tell you." "let me have the Little Guy". "I have some
Gold!" "Goldy, Goldy, Goldy", "Get the Ladder, quick!"

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

That is so cute. Love the serious demonstration. We may just have to make one too. My kids would love it.

Natalie said...

What a great idea. Looks like lots of fun!

Kristin said...

When you told me you were making one I didn't envision it that cute. And detailed. I wouldn't have a doll to make the leprachaun. Maybe a motorcycle man???