Tuesday, March 8, 2011

St. Paddy's Wreath



When I am laying in bed awake, but don't want to get out of bed yet.  I think about things I need to do and things I want to make.  That is where this idea came to me.  I'm sure it is not an original ideas because everything seems to have already been done before.
Supplies:
  • foam wreath (found in basement)
  • #? torn strips of green fabric, I used cotton and flannel (found in scrap drawer)
  • batting and embellishments (from scrapbook and floral supplies)
Directions:
  1. Terr green fabric into 1 to 2 inch strips then sew the strip end to make a very long strip 
  2.  Then rap the fabric strip around the foam wreath (i didn't even glue it)
  3. (just had an hour brake helping  drive the tractor, chase some cows and pulling a calf)
  4. With the extra fabric I twisted it and rapped it around the wreath (my hands are cold and I'm having a hard time typing)
  5. Cut out a clover with the two pieces of fabric with wrong sides together and the batting in the middle.  (interfacing would work just as well or better)
  6. Then sew around the edges and clip the outsides to make them fray.
Let me know if you try it!

    1 comment:

    Rita Peck said...

    that is so cute. I want to do one but knowing my procrastinating it may not happen. Would never have thought of it.