Monday, October 10, 2011

When the boys are away the girls will "Craft"

Cam was gone this past week on Round Up.  So I got crafty and watched all the episode of Glee on Netflix! (I really like the singing, not so excited about the morals though.)

Would you like to see what I did with my Friend and Sister in Law who's husbands were also on the Round Up.


I have more flowers but I'm having trouble loading them.  I thought I would post these and try again later.    

  • I made these by cutting out circles of different sizes. 
  • Then I cut little triangles around the circles to make it look like petals.
  • I cut a small piece to go on the clip.
  • Then I melted the edges of the petals with a candle or lighter, also on the clip.
  • I added tool and things between some layers, or cut out leaves from the tool
  • To make the flowers have more dimension I "pinched" the laysers together and sewed them with a needle and thread.



 My friend found a witch like this on a blog last year.  We both copied the idea and used what we had other then the orange tool I bought it.

I Mode Podged the paper and chipboard letters.
Then I painted the back and sides.
When the Mode Podge was dry I used glitter paint to add more turquoise.
The tool and ribbon are half hitched on to a foam wreath.
(I wanted the back to look descent because I would be looking at the back more then the front with my front door having a window.)
The boots are two layers of felt.

I also made a Christmas Present which I can not talk about yet! (just encase one of my kids decides to read this.)

















4 comments:

jillian said...

your flowers are gorgeous! I love them all! how did you do the peony looking ones? I love them the best. Such a fun front door deco. too.

The Welch's said...

I love those flowers, they are gorgeous! I want to come and craft with you, you have such great ideas!

Andrea said...

Look like fun!! Can't wait to make some!! Your so talented!!

Natalie said...

Great crafts! Looks like so much fun. I LOVE how crafty you are!!