

I was looking at the website yesterday (I put a link for it Little Window Shop), and saw these cute flower magnates. I had a friend coming over and I thought it would be a fun thing to do. So I ran up to Carol's house (thanks Carol) for some of her felt. I also made bows for Adele.
This got me thinking about President Uchtdorf's talk in Relief Society General Broadcast this last October. Do you remember it? If you have not heard it, or would like to be reminded here is a section of it.
The Work of Creation
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.
You might say, “I’m not the creative type. When I sing, I’m always half a tone above or below the note. I cannot draw a line without a ruler. And the only practical use for my homemade bread is as a paperweight or as a doorstop.”
If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination."
There was a lot more quotes I wanted to add, but I did not want this post to look so long that no one would read it.







6 comments:
That is crazy you were making flowers out of felt. I have been making bows for the last two days out of felt. They look a lot like yours. We have always had similar ideas for creating things. I will post some of mine.
I think it has been since Grandma's funeral... too long! I absolutely loved that talk. ..and those magnets are darling! I want to make some even though my fridge is way too cluttered all ready!
Those look awesome!! You have a natural talent! I haven't had a chance to try more yet but my bread is in the oven and it looks delicious!! I forgot it called for lecithin (didn't have) but the a website said you could substitute it with veg. oil. It appears to be working. Yeah for homemade bread!!
That is way cute. At first I thought it was barretts (sp?) for Adele's hair.
Thanks for the quotes. I love your magnets. How cute
i am glad i found your blog! thanks for commenting on mine. i love the magnets- felt ROCKS.
and that talk by pres. uchdorf was so amazing, i was so excited when i was listening to it and still think of it. thanks for posting about it!
Post a Comment