Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two years and three weeks Old

I had a lot of helpers with Tate's Birthday cake. Tate licked the mixer for the batter and the second batch of frosting. Grey and Adele helped smash the chocolate cookies in to crumbs. Then they dumped the crumbs on the frosted cupcakes to look like a load of dirt in the toy truck.




These are the things all boys Birthday Parties are made of:
  • Juice bottle bowling
  • Bing bag Throw into the trucks
  • Then Tate's favorite activity was when we all built block towers and he got to knock them over with his loader (no crying or complaining about a distorted "masterpiece".) After Tate demolished the towers he loaded up the block and delivered them to a pile then distributed different blocks back to that person.
  • Ate Cake (he had green frosting to because I got so cared away with dumping the chocolate on the cupcakes in the truck and on a smaller oval cake I forgot about the remaining cupcakes) It was a big recipe apparently.
  • Opened presents.
  • We had a great time just being together as a family.

6 comments:

jillian said...

What a clever idea to make for a cake!! I would never have had that idea, although, I might borrow it for Cy's birthday in may! Lots of fun!!

mikeandnicolefam said...

Cupcakes in the dumptruck is such a cute idea!! What a fun mom you are!

Rita Peck said...

What a fun cake

Janel said...

I can not take all the credit for the cake. I found in on Familyfun.com. Fill free to use the idea. It was a lot easier then trying to make a Truck Cake.

liesel said...

Hey Janel! I'm glad I found your blog! Its great to see pictures of you and your cute little family!

Natalie said...

Cute! I looks like Tate had lots of fun. I like the picture of Grey and Adele. They are so fun together!