Friday, September 12, 2008

Our new Hobbie

I had read in the family fun magazine about Geocaching a year ago, and I asked my friend about it and she told me there was "chases" all over in our area. She had ever setup a few.
What is it? It is like a treasure hunt with a G.P.S. Unit.
How to do it? Go to www.geocaching.com and set up an account and you can surch any area by zip code. Then you pick the one you want to do and put in the cordences and go find the cache
(the container with a note book to sign and date and leave for the next person to find, you can also trade some small "treasure")
They are everywhere! Hidden right under you nose!
My kids Love it!
We have visited a few place practically in our own back yard that we have never been!
I have yet to rember my camera.
The caches so far have been in very senic places.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I hope Cambree was nice at the party. She told me that she played with the present she bought and ripped part of it. I hope she was just telling another one of her stories. I feel horrible to think she might have ripped a brand new gift.

Rita Peck said...

We love geo caching. I am guessing Katie has talked to you about it. Nic's family loves to do it. It is a lot of fun. Good luck with your "adventures" which is what my kids call them.

Rita Peck said...

Replying on your comment about the video. I don't know how to fix it. I am going to make my husband look into it as he loves to fix computer problems. Let you know if we find a solution.

Katie Olsen said...

It is lots of fun. Let me know if you want to go together to Soda Springs there are lots there we haven't found yet.