Yesterday we delivered some tires (for water troughs) to the range and drove past the "Town site". Tyler wanted to go there, but Cam had to get to work. So after lunch the kids And I went there. We say Cams 2nd cousin and his wife who are volunteer workers. His wife Carlie gave us a tour. We went to the building the kids wanted to and left when they wanted. The kids loved the old store. Adele got a homemade apron that is so cute, Tate got a wooded care the looks like a model-T. and Tyler got a rubber band gun. We also got two root beers to share. We shared them on the front step of the old store. (I wished I had taken my camera it would have been a very cute picture)
This is a link that talkes a bought Chesterfield and has pictures or some of the buildings we visited.
http://www.chesterfieldfoundation.org/newsletter2008.htm
October Photos
10 years ago







3 comments:
It looks like a cute little town. Which building had the store? Mom
I lived in Grace for 4 years and never visited this site. It sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.
The store was in the log cabin looking building with a fence in front.
They are working on new "old" buildings all the time. They can move an old structure onto the site were a building. The log building are gone or in really bad shape. The brick building were in better shape.
Allison the beehives went when you lived here we should have invited the laurels to to with us.
I rember Andrea did not want to to to "boring Chesterfield" and when it was time to go she did not want to leave!
Post a Comment